Monday 25 February 2013



I recently posted about fashion company Maiyet, whose latest campaigns caught my attention. Their video for A/W 12 is one of my favourite campaigns in fashion's recent years.
It seems so effortless and beautiful and I love how nomadic it is; I don't think anybody could have fulfilled this role as well as Daria Werbowy and nobody certainly could have captured it as elegantly as Cass Bird. I also relish Feist's 'Cacade's and Gulls' which is the track used for the video..










The idea of the video reminds me a lot of Lana Del Rey's 'Ride'. This idea of travelling and having an adventure is so relevant to Maiyet's concept.
This resulted in me muting Feist's song and dubbing Del Rey over it. Check it out - it puts another perspective on Maiyet's video which doesn't actually sound too bad.


Kick back.. and relax..




No comments:

Post a Comment