Tuesday 15 January 2013



Welcome to a blog by me, Ruairi Tomás.

I will use this blog space to discuss the ever expanding ideas and inspiration of my current projects and the intellect behind my work. The inspiration I receive on a daily basis comes from pretty much anywhere - and of anything! Some examples of these disparate sources include street style, social situations, cult movies, books, music videos and of course music itself.

One of my recent fascinations has been zany filmography. This interest started out with short movies of cinematic campaigns, fashion films and artsy videos. One that stands out most for me is a premier of short film 'The Painted Lady' directed by Liz Goldwyn which stars Jena Malone posing as a femme fatale in the 19th Century:


I am allured by the films smoggy filter as it captivates a lot of attitude, bringing depth to such a minimalistic set and disposed Malone. I particularly love Malone's pristine pronunciations and how we can sometimes hear her smile during the pleonastic prose (0.44). Even the potent styling of colour is loud but balanced well with the contrast of black and white video shots. I am very intrigued by this simple set up that presents a strong impression - perhaps I will make my own video sometime in the near future..

No comments:

Post a Comment